Tribhuwan University – BIM Digital Logic Questions answer.
- A latch is level sensitive whereas flip-flop is edge sensitive.
- Latch has no clock signal but flip-flop has
- The latch is an asynchronous sequential circuit but flip-flop is synchronous.
- Flip-flop is a synchronous version of the latch.
- A latch is made from gates but Flip-flop is made up of Latches.
- A latch is a temporary buffer but flip-flop is a 1-bit storage element.
What are latches?
Latches and flip-flops are the basic elements and these are used to store information. One flip-flop and latch can store one bit of data.
The main difference between the latches and flip flops is that a latch checks input continuously and changes the output whenever there is a change in input.
But, a flip-flop is a combination of latch and clock that continuously checks input and changes the output time adjusted by the clock. In this article, we are going to look at the operations of the numerous latches and flip-flops.
What is Flip-flop is digital logic?
In electronics, a flip-flop or latch is a circuit that has two stable states and can be used to store state information. A flip-flop is a bistable multivibrator.